Woo Song Contest
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
The Standells sing, “I love that dirty water” and Bostonians swell with pride for their city. It’s time Worcester identifies a song or two that speaks to our love and feel of place! Local songwriters, prepare to take out your song writing pen and your own Woo-muse.
Jane Jacobs in the Woo and Make Music Day Worcester are pleased to announce a song contest to find a song or two that captures the personality of Worcester. There will be two winners: the People’s Choice Award will be given to the song that has the most votes from the public. Additionally, Jane Jacobs in the Woo will be choosing a song for the weekly introduction of a new podcast to be launched in fall 2017. Winners will be showcased at Make Music Day Worcester on June 21, 2017. We hope there will be submissions from any and all music genres (classical, hip hop, rock, folk, etc).
- Prepare a youtube video and submit it (along with your name, contact information, and the lyrics, if any) by the deadline of June 14, 2017. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com
· Don’t worry, this is not a video contest. We are judging the song only. Videos can be of you performing your song, or simply use a photo.
· By entering this contest, you acknowledge that this piece is your own composition. Jane Jacobs in the Woo and Worcester Arts Council reserve the right to use any submission in Make Music Day and on the podcast.
· All submissions have some sort of Worcester theme or reference. Instrumental submissions are allowed.
· No limit on the number of submissions.
· Contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
All valid submissions will be posted online for public viewing and voting from Thursday, June 15 to Sunday, June 18, 2017.
Jane Jacobs in the Woo was founded in May 2016 to stimulate conversations and actions to build a vibrant Worcester. http://www.janejacobsinthewoo.org/
Make Music Worcester is an annual free, outdoor day of music held on the summer solstice, June 21. Musicians of all ages and abilities and non-musicians alike are encouraged to join in to this celebration of music taking place all over Worcester. Make Music Day Worcester is supported by a grant from the Worcester Arts Council, a local agency, supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency, and is presented in partnership with WICN.fm and Worcester Magazine. For more information on Make Music Worcester, check out our website http://makemusicday.org/worcester.